CLACS holds a series of workshops for K-12 educators on Latin American and Caribbean studies, including an annual summer multi-day workshop, collaborative events with the Illinois Global Institute and other area studies' centers, and occasional one-day workshops during the academic year.
Please check the CLACS Event Calendar for future scheduled workshops. Past workshops are linked below, where you can access information about the content covered:
- February 19th, 2022: "Cultural and Artistic Diversity in Latin America: Afro-Latinx Legacies," in collaboration with the Lemann Center for Brazilian Studies
- June 18th, 2022: "Culturally Responsive Strategies to Work with ESL Students"
- July 19th-21st, 2022: IGI Summer Virtual Educators Workshop, "World Languages & Area Studies: Challenges, Opportunities, and Future Perspectives"
- April 3rd, 2021: Central American Migration / Entendiendo las causas de la migración Centroamericana
- April 15th, 2021: Reconsidering, Reorganizing and Re-structuring your Instruction: Lessons Learned / Reconsiderando, reorganizando, y re estructurando la forma de enseñar: lecciones aprendidas durante la pandemia
- July 20th-22nd, 2021: IGI Summer Virtual Educators Workshop, "Education in Uncertain Times: How to Prepare for the New Normal Around the World"
- March 7th, 2020: "Afro-Descendants in Latin America", in collaboration with the Center for African Studies
- July 28th-29th, 2020: IGI Summer Virtual Educators Workshop, "K-14 Education during COVID-19 in the US and Abroad"
- October 29th, 2020: Taller virtual en español para educadores (padres y maestros) en tiempo de pandemia: "Aplicaciones para motivar una participación activa en clases remotas"
- November 5th, 2020: Taller virtual en español para educadores (padres y maestros) en tiempo de pandemia: "Estrategias y sugerencias para educadores y padres en tiempo de pandemia"
- November 12th, 2020: Taller virtual en español para educadores (padres y maestros) en tiempo de pandemia: "Herramientas que ayudan a aprender desde casa"