Below is a list of past CLACS events for the current academic year, organized by event type. Where available, a video recording of the event is linked.
- September 26th, 2022: Epidemiological Surveillance for the Control of Malaria Carried Out by Amerindian Leaders in Southern Venezuela, Yasmin Rubio-Palis (Public Health Entomology, Universidad de Carabobo)
- October 17th, 2022: Waiting Out the State: Indigenous Struggles for Housing and Land Rights in Mexico, Bianet Castellanos (American Studies and American Indian Studies, Minnesota)
- October 24th, 2022: Crip Colony: Mestizaje, US Imperialism, and the Queer Politics of Disability in the Philippines, Sony Coráñez Bolton (Spanish and Latinx & Latin American Studies, at Amherst College)
- October 31st, 2022: Race, ethnicity, and indigenous agency: the 1561 meetings of the Andean communities of Cuzco, Gonzalo Lamana (Hispanic Languages and Literatures, the University of Pittsburg)
- November 14th, 2022: Ice Age Discoveries Deep Beneath the Yucutan, Dominque Rissolo (UCSD)
Roundtables - Charlas Políticas, in collaboration with LACS University of Maryland
- September 6th, 2022: Charlas Políticas: Analyzing the Results of the Referendum on the New Chilean Constitution, Julieta Suárez-Cao (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile) and Javier Sajuria, (Queen Mary, University of London). In collaboration with LACS University of Maryland.
- October 10th, 2022: Charlas Políticas: Analyzing the Results of the Brazilian Elections, José Antonio Cheibub (Texas A&M), Magna Inácio (Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais), Leany Lemos (Lemann visiting fellow). In collaboration with LACS University of Maryland. - video recording
- September 15th, 2022: Lecture - Disobedient Urban Research: Provocations for Setting a Decolonial Agenda, Catalina Ortiz (Development Planning, UCL)
- September 16th, 2022: Workshop - Urban Storytelling: A decolonial turn for urban learning?, Catalina Ortiz (Development Planning, UCL)
- November 10th, 2022: Lecture - Santiagónico: Baroque City and the Plebeian Production of Public Space, Claudio Alvarado Lincopi (Center for Intercultural and Indigenous Studies, Santiago, Chile)
- November 11th, 2022: Workshop - Is it possible to decolonize the museum? Body, memory, and territory, Claudio Alvarado Lincopi (Center for Intercultural and Indigenous Studies, Santiago, Chile)
- September 29th, 2022: Educators Workshop - Bridging Our Worlds: Hispanic Heritage Month in the Classroom, Christian V. Ramirez (Latina/Latino Studies, Illinois)
- October 1st, 2022: Educators Workshop - Our Ideas of Speaking: Language Variation and Identity, Salvatore Callesano (Illinois), Aris Clemons (Tennessee), and Victor Fernández-Mallat (Georgetown)
- November 19th, 2022: Educators Workshop - Artesanías de Papel: Paper crafts for Day of the Dead for K-12. In collaboration with the National Museum of Mexican Art.
- September 10th, 2022: Story Time - Spanish/English reading of My Two Border Towns, by David Bowles. In collaboration with the Urbana Free Library.
- October 8th, 2022: Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration - In collaboration with the Urbana Free Library.
- October 30th, 2022: Day of the Dead Celebration - In collaboration with Urbana School District 116 and the Urbana Park District.
- November 12th, 2022: Story Time - Portuguese/English reading of Am I small?/Sou Pequena?, by Philipp Winterberg. In collaboration with the Urbana Free Library.