CLACS has compiled a list of Resources for K-14 online education (teachers, parents, students). The list contains different sections: Education Organizations, USDE and ISBE, Libraries, K-12 Teaching resources, Books, Teacher's Recommendations, Local School Districts. If you would like to share additional online teaching resources, please send them to Alejandra Seufferheld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University of Illinois, College of Education, Council on Teacher Education- LearnAway Supporting Educators Everywhere: Remote learning ideas, resources, tips, and tools in a one-stop-shop.
- Consortium of Latin American Programs (CLASP)
- Curriculum. Curricular resources listed here span grade levels and content areas: “Introductory Materials,” “African Diaspora,” “Indigenous Knowledge and History,” “From Folk Arts to Performing Arts,” “Cultural Celebrations and Traditions,” “Geography and Place-Based Units,” “World History,”
Syllabi. For K-12 teachers interested in developing entire courses dedicated to Latin American studies, we have compiled syllabi to inspire and inform.
- Professional Development. K-12 Educator Institutes on Latin America.
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)- Resources in Respond to COVID-19
- National Council for the Social Sciences (NCSS)- NCSS Resources for Navigating Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE).
- Resources for Virtual Instruction and Online Learning. Online learning and instruction offer their own particular benefits and challenges at any time—here we suggest some resources and activities that may help those suddenly faced with teaching online:
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)- Global Education Coalition
- Webinars for Latin America and the Caribbean: Leave no one behind in times of the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 Education Response: Distance learning solutions (in Spanish)
My Hero is You! How kids can fight COVID-19. Produced by a collaboration of more than 50 organizations working in the humanitarian sector, this new story book aims to help children understand and come to terms with COVID-19. Download the book: English, Spanish
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC UNESCO). Education in the time of COVID-19, August 2020: English , Spanish
- The World Bank. How countries are using edtech (including online learning, radio, television, texting) to support access to remote learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- U.S. Department of Education (USDE) COVID-19 ("Coronavirus") Information and Resources for Schools, Students and families: https://www.ed.gov/coronavirus (en español)
- USDE - OCR - ELL Programs - Other Resources: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/ell/edlite-otherresources.html
- USDE Helping Your Child Series. The Helping Your Child publication series aims to provide parents with the tools and information necessary to help their children succeed in school and life. These booklets feature practical lessons and activities to help their school aged and preschool children master reading, understand the value of homework and develop the skills and values necessary to achieve and grow.
- USDE La serie de Ayudando a su niño. El propósito de la serie de publicaciones Ayudando a su niño es darles a los padres las herramientas necesarias para ayudar a sus hijos a tener éxito en la escuela y en la vida. Estos folletos presentan lecciones y actividades practicas para ayudar a los niños de edad escolar y preescolar a aprender a leer y entender la importancia de la tarea escolar y desarrollar las habilidades necesarias para ser exitoso.
- Resources for Learning at Home
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- Consortium in Latin American Programs (CLASP)
- Distance Learning Resources For World Language Faculty And Instructors. Developed by the University of Utah’s Center for Latin American Studies, Asia Center and Second Language Teaching and Resource Center.
- FIU Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center- Online Lesson Plans and Teacher Resources.
- ¡Colorin Colorado! A bilingual site for educators and families of English language learners. Responding to a Crisis: Resources for Schools and Families:
- Distance Learning for ELLs: Guide and Resources
- Distance Learning for ELLs: Privacy Considerations
- Communicating with ELLs and Their Families During School Closures
- Coronavirus: Multilingual Resources for Schools
- COVID-19 School Closures: Supporting English Learners During the COVID-19 Pandemic | Spanish version (American Federation of Teachers)
- ANNENBERG LEARNER
- Teaching Foreign Languages K-12: A Library of Classroom Practices (Spanish # 28-35)
- Introduction to the Library
- Multimedia resources for K-12 classroom instruction and teacher professional development
- WE ARE TEACHERS. Free online Teaching Resources
- SCHOLASTIC LEARN AT HOME
- Pearson Literacy Curriculum and Textbooks
- Discipline, Grade Level, Topic
- Ideas & Resources for Your Spanish Classroom, ¡Aprendo y enseño! Webinar series,
- Auténtico (6-12). comprehensive Spanish language curriculum for middle grades and high school.
- World Languages Programs (K-12)
- Mundo primaria. Recursos educativos para niños de Primaria
- Parents Guide to Free Homeschooling Materials for Kids
- Pulitzer Center
- CLASP Américas Award Winners (Books) - (about the award). CLASP Américas Award Books Curriculum.
- Vamos a Leer. Teaching Latin America Through Literacy.
- Teaching Books. Online database for teachers, students, librarians, and families to explore children's books and young adult literature and their authors.
- Colorin Colorado - Bilingual website for teachers and parents of English Language Learners! Here you'll find lots of articles, resources, and ideas to support ELLs at school and at home
- Colorin Colorado, en Español Ayudando a los niños a leer… y a triunfar
- Free Spanish eBooks | Teachers Pay Teacher: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Browse/Search:free%20spanish
- Free Online Books For Kids
- Oxford Owl- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Storyline Online-https://www.storylineonline.net/
- International Children’s Digital Library- http://en.childrenslibrary.org/
- Open Library- https://openlibrary.org/
- Mrs. P’s Magic Library-http://mrsp.com/
- MagicBlox Children's Book Library | Read Kid's Books Online : https://magicblox.com/books
- Loqueleo Literatura infantil y juvenil de Santillana: https://www.loqueleo.com/
- Illinois University Library. LATIN AMERICAN & CARIBBEAN RESEARCH GUIDE: K-12 RESOURCES. If you are interested in teaching Latin American and the Caribbean to K-12 grades, feel free to explore the following resources. Newspapers are always a good starting point for more advanced High School students, as well as popular magazines. Below you will find additional resources that might help you develop your curriculum or provide primary sources for different pedagogical activities. This list of resources are part of a larger presentation and introductory slides for K-12 teachers given at the Bridging Cultures Institute at the University of Illinois from 2017.
- List of K-12 Teaching Resources: https://guides.library.illinois.edu/c.php?g=347165&p=4925849.
- For more information about the collection, finding particular items, or knowing more about these and other resources, please contact Prof. Antonio Sotomayor, Latin American and Caribbean Studies Librarian at email@example.com . Our website is, https://www.library.illinois.edu/lat.
- URBANA FREE LIBRARY. eBooks & More: Digital Library of Illinois using the Libby or the Overdrive app | Kanopy | Hoopla Other Sources For Free eBooks and Audiobooks.
- CHAMPAIGN PUBLIC LIBRARY. While both library locations are closed, our E-Library is open 24/7. You can find resources for you and your family on our website—including encyclopedias like World Book and Scholastic Go!, Songs & Rhymes from Our Storytimes, TumbleBooks, TumbleMath, and reading recommendations from Novelist Plus. We've also added TeenBookCloud, a new collection with 1000+ ebooks, audiobooks, and classics.
- Your Library Can Help: Free + Amazing Online Resources: https://champaign.org/about/news/your-library-can-help-with-amazing-online-resources
- American Library Association. eLearning | Online Learning
- Mrs. Parra's blog. Mrs. Parra is an elementary school teacher in Connecticut.
- Dr. Rhett Oldham website. Dr. Oldham is a 7th/ 8th grade History teacher in Ste Genevieve, Missouri.
- Teachers in Global Classroom
- Presentation: "Online Teaching Resources", as part of the Summer 2020 Virtual Educators Workshop: K-14 Education during COVID-19 in the US and Abroad
USD 116 LEARNING LINKS: Please scroll down and click on the name of the building where you or your child attend. Then click on the department, grade level, and/or name of your teachers for more home learning information and resources.
Unit 4 COVID-19 Resource Page | Champaign Unit 4 Schools: Information & resources on Remote Learning, food, wifi, Chromebook support, etc. for Champaign Unit 4 Schools.
Rantoul City Schools SD 137 / Homepage. Resources for Families during the COVID-19 Pandemic: http://stand.org/national/coronavirus-outbreak?language=en.
8/17/20 New York Times- In New Jersey, Tanzania, Peru, TV Lessons Replace Online Learning. With schools closed because of the coronavirus pandemic, students learn at home by watching educational broadcasts.
CNN- Clases virtuales, un problema para los estratos socioeconómicos bajos de Argentina: https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/video/educacion-virtual-argentina-pkg-hugo-manu-perspectivas-buenos-aires/
CNN- Desigualdad económica, un desafío para la educación a distancia en México: https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/video/educacion-a-distancia-mexico-pkg-belen-zapata-perspectivas-mexico/
CNN- América Latina estudia desde casa: más de 160 millones de estudiantes no pudieron volver a la escuela por la pandemia. https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/2020/09/03/america-latina-estudia-desde-casa/
Education during COVID-19 and beyond - the United Nations
La educación en tiempos del coronavirus: Los sistemas educativos de América Latina y el Caribe ante COVID-19. Banco Intereamericano de Desarrollo (BID): https://publications.iadb.org/es/la-educacion-en-tiempos-del-coronavirus-los-sistemas-educativos-de-america-latina-y-el-caribe-ante-covid-19
La educación en tiempos de la pandemia de COVID-19. CEPAL: https://www.cepal.org/es/publicaciones/45904-la-educacion-tiempos-la-pandemia-covid-19. Pdf: https://repositorio.cepal.org/bitstream/handle/11362/45904/1/S2000510_es.pdf