Master of Arts in Latin American Studies
Prospective students must fill out an online application to the University of Illinois Graduate College available at: apply to the University of Illinois Graduate College.
Application priority dates: December 15, 2020. Rolling applications after.
Required Application Materials include:
- Personal Statement 2 pages explaining your background and academic history
- Statement of Purpose 2 pages explaining what you hope to accomplish during your time as an MA student
- Letters of Reference from three people who know you well and who can evaluate your potential for advanced study. These letters can be attached to the online application or submitted in paper to the Graduate College.
- Official transcripts from all colleges you have attended or are attending should be sent in a sealed envelope directly to the Center.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international students.
- Writing sample
TOEFL CODE NUMBERS
The TOEFL code for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is 1836. Use code number 99 for the TOEFL code number for Latin American Studies, which is reserved for those departments that do not have an assigned code number.